Thursday, February 19, 2015

Technology in the classroom.


 
My Argumentative Essay!
Amanda Sigley
 Internet and computers do help learning in the classroom. I believe that “The personal computer can be used to amplify human potential”! I believe this because we can use the internet just about anywhere to research faster than ever before.
 The internet is helping students today because there are so many tools that helps students become better writers. For example, you are writing an essay and you are unsure of how to spell a word, we can now use spell check that actually underlines the word in red and you can just change it to the correct form!
 People believe that using the internet and using spell check is not a good tool to use in the classrooms. People actually think that it is actually making us dumb, they believe that when we use spell check and use different writing tools on the computer that it’s just an essay way to do an assignment instead of writing it in pencil and paper. But using writing tools on the computer I believe it enhances our writing skills and especially our spelling skills. Many times you are focused on what you are doing and sometimes you don’t realize you have done something wrong, but with the computer it actually shows us what we are doing wrong and corrects it, therefore you are learning from your mistakes. When you do a writing assignment in pencil and paper you just turn it in, you can look over it plenty of times and think it’s the best paper, but the only way you know is waiting until the paper is graded and getting it back. But with the different writing tools we can know what we have done wrong right in front of our eyes way before the assignment is even do.
 Computers and the internet help in the classrooms are the ways we can communicate with fellow classmates and teachers without being in the same room or building as them. We connect by using text messaging, social media, skype, face-timing, blogging, and a variety of other ways. You have a question about a homework assignment? You can simply email your teacher and ask them a question about it!
 Most teachers and even other people will argue that the internet is a bad source of communication, mainly because having the internet it gives you accessibility to communicate with someone from just about anywhere. But how can that be a bad thing? Having the capability to communicate with your classroom and you teachers can really help you with learning! I believe this because if a student’s need help they can easily get ahold of their teacher before the class assignment is due. Another example includes group work, you are paired with three other of your classmates and you are unable to meet after class, they can easily set a time and skype together and work on the project just from their own homes.
 With internet being accessible from just about anywhere, learning and doing projects is a lot simpler. The internet is such a great device for learning and communicating and it makes things more complex because we can use the internet about anywhere to research faster than ever before.



6 comments:

  1. wow- it was interesting how you incorporated different subjects in the school other that the basic core curriculum, (ex. - art, gym, music)
    wonder - The internet is always changing, I wonder what changes teachers will face ten years form now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My argument essay is similar to yours, I also agree with the reasons you stated as to why computers are good in classrooms. It was interesting how you involved the topics of gym and other classes, I had not thought of that. I wonder how much computers will advance in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonder: I like how you stated there are many online games for various subjects to help students learn!
    wow: I wonder what technology will come about in the future to help enhance students learning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great examples! They really helped your essay! I wonder why some teachers who have been teaching for years don't like students to use computers in the classroom when it helps them? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best thing about your essay is that you give examples other than the basic curriculum, I found it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow- I agree with the reasons you stated as to why computers are good in classrooms.
    wonder-I wonder what challenges we will face when we are teachers?

    ReplyDelete