If you teach in a persistent style the student is going to learn better.
learning styles, are ways things are organized and how someone will understand. Its true some people have a visual memory and other have a hearing , but most teachers don't want teachers want to learn basked on that, they want you to learn the meaning. 90% of people believe it. people learn in different ways.Good teaching is good teaching, and teacher do not have to adjust it for other peoples way of learning.
multiple intelligence
the idea is sociology is to document that humans have different intellectual strengths.
some people are very logical, some people have to be hands on and try it out, some people are visual. Its not fair learning. If the children have different learning styles the teachers don't really have to talk they can provide resources. the child will be able to show their understanding in their own way to understand. Teachers need to ask themselves is they are teaching in and if the students are comprehending it. the most important thing about assessment is knowing what to do. Like a child in a sport or an art, its visual. In school assessment is mystified. They don't know what's on a test and they don't know what to do.People have to see examples of new places just like their own places to get the understanding. We need to have enough good example, we need to have those involved in education and give them the kind of help they need. and we need to have assessment to prove that this kind of education us working and finally there needs to be a political commitment so people in the country will understand.
- I think that learning style does exist. Simply because we are all different in our own ways. Some find it easier to work alone, hands on , listening, and so on and so forth. I personally think it depends on the person. But I also believe that if the teacher is a good teacher then she should not have to change her style of teaching. Some teachers are great at teaching and can give the understanding without any changes in the teaching.
This is a Picasso head that I designed that describes all of my strengths. It includes that I am a good listener and that I am always willing to give advice when it is needed. Some things that I did not include involve me being an enthusiastic person, I am always up and moving but I also enjoy to have my alone time to think to myself.
*Create your very own Picasso Head.
I like the comment you made "a good teacher, is a good teacher" and that they should not have to change their type of teaching. I also agree that everyone is different! No student is the same. I understand when you say that learning styles exist, because I also believe so. But when it comes to changing your teaching sometimes you do have to teach everyone a certain way rather than just paying attention to their learning style.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this blog 110%. Most people don't learn in the same way and schools often limit us to one style which makes it hard to learn everything.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about good teaching being good teaching. I think that changing the way a teacher teaches certain students may help but if they aren't an overall good teach, it won't do much good for anyone.
ReplyDelete