Teachers ARE designers! I think teachers are designers because to be a teacher you have got to be creative, when you make an activity more creative the students are more likely to join the fun! Being creative is very important in the teacher world! It can sometimes be a good things and often it can be bad. Each student is very different what one may think is fin the other may not think so, so being a teacher you have to get creative and think of different ways ALL the students will want to learn even if it is in different ways. I think students learn better when the teachers are creative with activities are because they are focused on what they are doing. When I was in school I had a lot of teachers who would make the activities fun and because everyone is different my teachers would have 3 or 4 activities and would let the students pick between what they wanted to do.
My experiences include:
- Learning multiplications: My teacher would have varieties throughout of week/year. You would go to doing flash cards, to playing a fun activity with multiplication online, and play bingo and the winner would get a prize from the prize box. Winning a prize made the students in the classroom want to play so they get a toy.
- I was doing my senior project and I went to a physical education classroom with elementary school. I thought them about our muscles , we went to the gym and played this game where we took two blankets and had to students sitting on each blanket and they would split up into 2 groups and race pulling the blankets , after we would go to the classroom and learn about the healthy foods and eventually got to eat them after. I learned that when it comes to food and racing against each other the students are 9 times out of 10 likely to join.
I personally think students want to be more involved with activities that involve being up and moving! Being a teacher you have to become creative with the lessons because it takes a lot of creativity to come up with fun things to do!
I also mentioned the creativity that is needed to be a teacher in my blog post. I wonder what resources are available to help boost their creativity?
ReplyDelete