- The implementation of WebQuests sometimes falls short. So-called WebQuests may bear a superficial resemblance to real WebQuests in that students use Internet resources to produce a technology-enhanced product. For example, A team of students plans a trip across the United States and presents its itinerary on PowerPoint slides. One student might be responsible for budgeting, one for locating tourist attractions along the way, and one for booking accommodations and organizing meals.
- In a real WebQuest, newly acquired information undergoes an important transformation within learners themselves. Getting information—the “learning input”—is the easy part. The WebQuest gets trickier and more interesting in the next part, in which transformative learning takes place and teachers and students can realize—or fail to realize—the potential of a WebQuest.
- Research in cognitive psychology tells us that if we want novices to perform at more expert levels, we need to examine how experts go about their work and then prompt novices through a similar process. Teaching the writing process is a classic example.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Webquest
Three important things I learned and really grabbed my attention in the article include:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow- I agree that In a real WebQuest, newly acquired information undergoes an important transformation within learners themselves.
ReplyDeletewonder- I wonder what other materials a webquest can do to help students.
Wow- I definitely agree with your statement, "The implementation of WebQuests sometimes falls short."
ReplyDeleteWonder- I wonder why they can fall short?